COVID-19 Return to Play Protocol
General Participation Requirements
- Players must maintain a distance of 6’ from other players or coaches
- Anyone (coach or player) with a temperature over 100.4 will be required to follow the COVID-19 Notification protocol
- Gatherings in the lobby or bathrooms are prohibited
Game & Practice Requirements
- Players will have their temperature taken before entering the rink
- COVID App Screener must be completed before participation
- Players will wear a CDC approved mask while in the building until their helmet is put on.
- Locker room use will be limited on an as-needed basis, in accordance to rink policy. If a player must use the locker room, a mask must be worn at all times.
- All warm-ups should be done outside of the building and in accordance with rink policy. Weather permitting.
- During the Spring/Summer Season, players must wear a full Itech clear plastic shield (i.e. Bubble) while playing. During the Fall/Winter Season, players must wear a mask AND either a shield or bubble while on the ice.
- Penalty boxes will not be utilized by any players during home games. Please follow the rink and opponent's rules if we are the away team.
- Players must disinfect their equipment between every on ice skate. Please wash jerseys and socks. A Clorox wipe or a wipe with 70% alcohol on a rag can also be used for all other equipment
- Players should follow rink specific protocols for exiting the ice.
Required Coach Safety Protocols
- Coaches will have their temperature taken before entering the building
- Coaches will wear a mask at all times
- Goalies will have their own goals to occupy. If the goals are moved around they are to be moved by that particular goalie.
- Coaches will limit ice board talk so players can be socially distanced; when possible, “chalk talk” sessions will take place off the ice
- Players / Coaches are encouraged to use no touch fixtures in restrooms and avoid water fountains.
- Players / Coaches are encouraged to fill their water bottles at home and not use the water fountains at the ice rink. Please note, most rinks have turned off all water to the fountains.
- Leave all personal equipment in skating bag or car