1. Communication - Be the liaison between team coach and the team. Relay messages, practice or game schedule changes as needed. A team contact list will be provided to you by a board member. It is highly recommended that a weekly team e-mail be sent reminding everyone of upcoming events such as:
- Practice times/changes
- Game times (home and away)
- Address of away rinks
- Arrival times for games
- Home game volunteer schedule
- Miscellaneous messages such as: “Complete and turn in your signed Code of Conduct Agreements” or “Team Meeting this Thursday”
2. Team Binder - The SHL Registrar, SHS Registrar, or SHS Hockey Director will provide the managers with the team binder, with copies of required forms for each skater, and home scoresheets at the beginning of each season.
· Fill in the required fields on the score sheet (team names, date, rink, time slot, etc.). Get opposing team roster stickers from the manager or coach and place the stickers on the score sheet copies.
· Provide scoresheet stickers: team name, player numbers and name, coaching staff name and CEP number, identify (C) and (A) players, identify (G) goalies, and backup goalies (BUG)
· Verify all absent players are marked appropriately (ABS, SUSP, INJ)
· After the game, give one copy of the scoresheet to the visiting team manager or coach.
· Maintain copy of all scoresheets in team binder for playoff and tournament eligibility
· Communicate score results to the SHL president immediately following each league and playoff game
· Fill out any game suspension being served in a game and communicate to the appropriate league member, AHAI board member, etc.
· If a player or coach receives a suspension during ANY game (league, tournament, or practice game), a legible copy of that scoresheet must be scanned and emailed to the appropriate league member, AHAI board member, etc. Please take note of the section on the bottom where major, game misconduct, and match penalties are assessed.
4. AHAI website
· Schedule game officials
· Verify/enter coach and player information (name, grade, position, etc.)
· Register for out of state travel permits
· Download USAH certified roster for tournament play
· Order player awards at the end of the season (hattrick, play maker, zero club)
5. Player Eligibility - Complete and maintain Player Tournament Eligibility Form on a running basis. This will become very important when determining eligibility for league playoff and state tournament play.
6. Bus Transportation - Schedule bus transportation to away games and tournaments as needed with the SHS Assistant Athletic Director.
7. Volunteers - Coordinate home and away game parent volunteers.
8. Game Tasks - Fifteen minutes prior to game time, the HOME team manager or coach should verify that the game officials (and lineman) have arrived.
9. Communication with Opponents - Maintain contact information of all league team managers. If there are special rink policies, verify with them before each game. If we bought "home" ice from the opponents "home" rink, confirm who is ordering refs.
10. Board Meetings - Attend monthly board meetings to communication discussions from the board members to the JV head coach.
11. Plan for the team tournament:
- Reserve a block of rooms at a hotel and inform families of the latest date to reserve a room, the address of the hotel, and the address of the rink.
- Organize a team dinner during the tournament if families agree.
- Be the point person for the tournament director
12. Team Activities - Arrange for team bonding events or player volunteer opportunities within the community as requested.
13. First Aid / Water Bottles: If you would like a First Aid Kit and set of team water bottles to be available for the team at games/practices, please let a coach or board member know and they can provide them to you. If you need replacements in the bench kit (mouth guards, tool set, etc.) let a Board Member know.
14. End of Season - Coordinate with SHL, SHS, and local vendors for end of season team awards, player awards, banners, season booklets, etc. Arrange for coach recognition gifts (holiday and season end), if desired by team
15. Announcer - Determine which games you would like to hire an announcer for. Connect with Katie on the budget for your team to map out the season.