COVID-19 Return to Play Protocol
- Players that are fully vaccinated, may participate in on ice activities WITHOUT the use of a mask, however since the Delta variant is causing a significant increase in COVID cases, we will require vaccinated players to wear a mask in common areas of the rink and in locker rooms.
- Players are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose in a two-dose series (Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech) or two weeks after receiving the single dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson).
- While collection of student vaccination records is not mandatory, we encourage all families to submit a digital copy of their vaccination card to the school nurse at email@example.com. Alternatively, players may bring a digital or paper copy of their vaccination record to tryouts.
- Players who do not provide proof of vaccination will be considered unvaccinated for contact tracing purposes and will be required to quarantine for 10 days. In the event of a COVID-19 exposure, the vaccination proof will exempt vaccinated players from quarantine.
- Players are required to wear a mask while participating both "on ice" and "off ice" activities, except when wearing a mask is against the advice of the individual's health care provider or poses a risk of injury.
- If you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask indoors or during activity, please send a doctor’s note to notify us via email.
- In the event of COVID exposure unvaccinated players will be required to quarantine for 10 days.
- The Illinois Department of Public Health recommends regular weekly COVID-19 screening for youth athletes playing a high risk sport with other players that may be un-vaccinated.
As a reminder, if you are not feeling well or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, such as a cough or fever, you should stay home and will not be permitted to attend a Stevenson Hockey event.
Optional weekly COVID-19 testing
- Stevenson is currently exploring an optional weekly test for students as well. While regular testing will not be mandatory for students, IDPH currently recommends weekly testing for all unvaccinated individuals and we would like this option to be open and available to all interested students. We are working hard to roll out a streamlined process for saliva collection and will follow up with our students and families when we have more information to share about how to participate in this program.